Application Procedure & Fees
An individual must go to the Glynn County Probate Court to obtain an application. You must come in with a State and/or a Government issued photo ID, with a date of birth, to fill out the application and pay a $76 application fee (cash, check, and credit cards are accepted). Make checks payable to Glynn County Probate Court. Credit Card Payments will incur a $2 convenience fee. This includes an application fee, background check fee, and $5 for fingerprinting. Effective July 1, 2014, renewals done no later than 30 days expired and renewed in the same county of residence, will but subject to a renewal fee of $30.
- Must be no younger than 21 years of age
- Effective July 1, 2014, the Official Code of Georgia Annotated (O.C.G.A) 16-11-129 (b)(2) If the applicant is at least 18, has completed basic training in the armed forces of the United States and provides proof that he or she is actively serving or has been honorably discharged they may be issued a license if no other prohibitors apply
- Must be a Glynn County Resident
- Must provide picture ID and proof resident
- Must be fingerprinted and submit a criminal and mental health check
- Must not have any legal disqualification to receipt of the license
For any more information about firearms licenses, visit the Glynn County Probate Court website.